Damon: “I’m still here.”
Can we just talk about Damon saying this? How he said this in a deliberately placed mirrored scene to 1x19 when Damon stepped in for Elena’s dance in Stefan’s place?
- Damon was there for Elena when she ran away from Stefan after she found Katherine’s picture in Stefan’s room.
- Damon was there for Elena when Stefan was off feeding off a local beauty queen and complaining about being hungry.
- Damon was there for Elena when she woke up from being killed by Klaus because her boyfriend was too preoccupied, even then, with making sure himself that Klaus was dead.
- Damon was there for Elena all summer when Stefan ran off with Klaus.
- Damon was there for Elena cooking chili in her kitchen with her so she wouldn’t break down after Stefan rejected her.
- Damon was there to bring Elena home when Stefan and Klaus landed her in the hospital.
- Damon was there for Elena when Stefan nearly got Jeremy killed for real and told her that his safety was not his problem.
- Damon was there for Elena and brought her home when Stefan forced-fed her his blood and threatened to drive her off Wickery Bridge and left her there after telling her he didn’t care what she thought about him anymore.
- Damon was there for Elena to help her however he could with her feeding problems when Stefan was too preoccupied with his denial about Elena’s vampirism.
- Damon was there for Elena when she was almost going to kill Matt.
- Damon was there for Elena when Stefan got so wrapped up in finding the cure that he put Jeremy’s life in danger to get it.
- Damon was there for Elena when she was having terrible hallucinations because Stefan sent him to get her.
- Damon was there to rescue Elena from burning up in the sun and he was there for Elena when she woke up in her bedroom.
And after Stefan told her that he couldn’t “do this anymore”, who was still there and still being the only person in Mystic Falls (besides Jeremy and Matt) who accepts and loves Elena despite “who” she is now?
“I’m still here.”
“I should be here with Stefan. I shouldn’t be here with him. I should be going through all this with Stefan.”
- Oh Elena, please excuse him for staying in town after you rejected him not for the first time only to help you through transition.
- Please excuse him for respecting your decisions about everything except killing yourself.
- Please excuse him for being the only one who was straight with you about vampirism and letting you sort out what you want to do about it.
- Please excuse him for staying to watch you be all lovey-dovey with his brother only because he wanted to stay for you to help you through the hardest time of your life.
- Please Elena excuse him for exposing himself to you by offering you his blood, because you didnt want human blood, thus being completely vulnerable to you with NO expectations except for you to be well and to get through this horrible stage of transition.
- Please excuse him for being the only one you could count on for real help during the day where you were starving and gulping up blood all over town, for keeping your secret, trying everything he can to help you, for acting like your boyfriend even though he doesnt get to be that, just because he loves you and he’s concerned for you.
- Please excuse him for saving you from draining the life out of your dear friend, saving you from an eternity of guilt and misery for killing him in an accident.
- Please Elena excuse him for staying in town after resolving to leave, only because he knew you need him more than ever and because he knows that no one will be able to help you like he will.
- Please excuse him for trying to help you to the best of his fucking ability, teaching you how to drink blood without killing, ripping, hurting anyone.
- Please ecxuse him and his love for you for being so damned disgusting to you that is so apparent in the way you said ‘him’ the way you did.
And please excuse ME for having the right to actually CRITISIZE the fact that you hurt him unnecessarily by talking about him like he’s filthy dogshit and him hearing you say it. But dont worry Elena, he’s used to it by now. He’s heard you say such things countless times before, so yeah no worries…
Gif made by Kem
I keep reading interviews to JP, and things don’t seem to get better in any way for D/E. She keeps saying the same old stuff, it’s been 3 years now and things never change.
I could write her answers myself without even interviewing her.
She tries to satisfy DE shipper by saying that there will be some tension and Damon/Elena will have a deep reflection about the relationship with the other one (she’s also very careful not to call “love” whatever it is that D/E are sharing. Understanding is the way to go. Kind of like the ‘epic’, canon adjective for S/E relationship) that of course will create some problems with Stefan, but she’s with Stefan, she loves Stefan, she wants Stefan, did I not mention that she’s in love with Stefan? Oh but DE shall not give up, their moment will come and it will be amazing: the last 3 seconds of the episode. Yep.
It’s all this teasing that drives me crazy. I don’t want to be a part of this nonsense anymore. I’m sick of it. I’m sick of being manipulated by these incompetents people, because that’s what they are. They’re not even able to build up a consistent finale, in which there was nothing epic, with the exception of the great (I’d say they reached a record!) amount of nonsense scattered throughout the episode. It seems like all that matters is create drama, without rhyme or reason. It’s the imperative of the show, right now, but while doing this, they’ve lost all of the spirit that, in s1 and for most of s2 left the viewer, at the end of the episode, wanting to watch the next one immediately. I’m not even curious about the first episode of s4 anymore. I can just imagine what’s going to happen and I described it a few lines above.
It’s getting boring. It’s getting disappointing every ep more.
The characters don’t have a consistence anymore; they act for the sake of the plot and their behaviour changes in a blink if it needs to. There’s no coherence, no build-up, they try to please everyone and end up disappointing most of the audience.
In s1 you could feel you were watching a quality show. Now I sometimes stop and think, with frustration, that The Vampire Diaries is now just a shadow of what once was.